Ramblings of a madman

My everyday ramblings

Sunday, May 21, 2006

D'n'B #2

Song of the night:
Gorillaz - Fire coming out of the Monkey's head
The Drum'n'Bass madness continues. I really tasted blood now, and last night's 'Breakbits' event at Klubi (link in Finnish) was a blast. Talked to one of the DJs a bit last night before he went on stage, and he said if things go right, it'll become a regular event there, with one Saturday per month being dedicated entirely to breakbeats and Drum'n'Bass. Hallelujah!

The whole show started at around 10pm, but due to a holdup at M's place (good God, they just wouldn't finish their beer!), I only arrived at shortly before midnight. Turns out that wasn't all so bad - although I was mightily annoyed on the way there - because at that time, the Eurovision Song Context was just about to finish and hardly anybody had been dancing anyways.
I grabbed a drink to stock up on some liquid, then headed for the dancefloor ... and pretty much stayed there until shortly before 4am, with only short breaks to get new drinks in between, switching to "just water with ice please" at around 2am. I'm sure I haven't been sweating so much in the gym yet... ^_^

At some point, one of the other few early people on the dancefloor started chatting away with me in the short breaks of slower beats, later invited me to come to his and his (omghot!!) girlfriend's place for some weed and philosophical debates about music, life and everything else (that's almost a direct quote by the way!) .. and if it hadn't been for his girlfriend disagreeing with his intentions, I'm sure I'd have spent quite a nice afterparty as well. Ah well, it was good as it was!

In any case, I arrived back home at around 5am, and pretty much just dropped dead into my bed after having some warmed-up pasta for early breakfast, and only woke up about an hour ago because my mom called.

Other than missing the company of S for the dancing, it was a most awesome Saturday night for sure.

Time to grab a shower and head off to the gym, the rest of my body should feel about as tired as my legs/feet do right now... :p

Ta-taa.

PS: Oh, and Finland won the Eurovision Song Contest. Haha, how hilarious is that! ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home