Ramblings of a madman

My everyday ramblings

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I'm not like other people (no shit!)

Song of the day:
The Herbaliser - Mind in the frame
In Finland, the sun hardly ever shines, it's cold, people are introvert and don't like foreigners and it's overall very depressing. At least that's what people say.

In Finland, I've had more bright blue skies and sunshine in the past 10 weeks than I remember having in Bonn in the entirety of 2005, "cold" is a relative term and, having experienced +28°C first hand, I don't think it's the correct term in such a general way; people have been very open-minded, friendly and helpful, I've met some awesome Finns that I feel closer to than to some of the people in Germany I've known for a year or longer, without spending more time with them. Finland is a great place to be at. At least that's what I say.

Now, I have no clue exactly when I turned into such a disgustingly positive thinking optimist, but I have to admit that I begin to like my attitude and prefer it over my formerly defeatist, supposedly "realist" line of thinking. I'm guessing it's the age that finally gets to me... ^_^

In any case, my time here so far has been a blast. I'll have to admit that I have yet to experience The Finnish Winter (insert horror-movie music here), but I'm bound to believe that there's plenty of upsides to a few crispy cold, snowy white and not-so-light months.
For starters, how could you appreciate and look forward to sunny Spring and warm Summer, if it wasn't for the dark and cold Winter?



...come to think about it, I really should be more careful with the Happy Pills. ^_^

Ta-taa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home