Ramblings of a madman

My everyday ramblings

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

So long, and thanks for all the fish...

Song of the timespan since last post:
Metallica - Nothing else matters
I've had a busy real life, which resulted in hardly any internet life of any kind. So if I missed any 'important' online events, I'm terribly sorry ... or maybe I'm not. I'll see how fast I can catch up with some of the blogs I've been frequenting, but chances are I won't go further back than one or two posts.

Work's being a blast lately, and although it's still occasionally frustrating to the pulling-my-own-hair level, there's also more and more occasions where I notice that all the effort comes to fruition. Bugs getting fixed in the way you suggested is a nice thing, and it's a way better feeling to read your own translation in a dialog or setup wizard than I would've thought. It's amazing, really.

After two months of working, I've finally settled into being used to procedures and I'm being quicker with adapting to new problems and solving them. Our senior test engineer seems to consider me competent enough to handle special tasks, which is very nice although it means more work. I'm becoming an achiever in my old days it seems...

In completely other news, I've started to work out at one of the local gyms, finally beating that little voice in my head that kept me locked down so often. I didn't remember how good doing some physical excercise can feel, and although I'm far from my days in the army fitness-wise, at least I know where I can get again if I only put some effort into it.
Not to mention all the cute girls at the gym... ;)

In any case, it's almost 1am already again, and I gotta get up early in the morning.

Ta-taa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home