Ramblings of a madman

My everyday ramblings

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Moving on

Song of this post:
Beardyman - Live at Beatbox Convention 2008
You know what sucks? And I don't mean the witty bash.org quote...
When you end a relationship because it consisted of more strife than harmony, end it for all the right reasons ... and then your mind puts you into that ever-dry, parching piece of mental desert where you constantly second-guess your decision, question yourself whether it was the right thing, the "fair" thing and whatever else to do, even though you know it was. And as if that mental self-flagellation wasn't enough, you get to be the one unable to "move on", while your ex apparently has no qualms whatsoever.

That sucks.

Moving on. I spent quite enjoyable 4 days and a bit in Berlin over New Year's Eve, finally met the long-time boyfriend of one of my best friends, went to a museum for the first time in years (Museum für Naturkunde in Berlin, I can only recommend it!), saw 'Righteous Kill' on the big screen (go watch! IMDB+Apple trailers link) and just finished watching 'Religulous', a great (and quite sad) real life satire.

Getting side-tracked just now. Maybe I'll write some more some time soon. (Yeah, I know...)

Keynotes:
- Not happy with how work is panning out atm
- Not doing enough (read: any) physical exercise
- Playing too much WOW
- Engaging in too little real social life (oh look, a stereotypical combination)

But: New Year's was good, I found some good new music, I'm reading books again!

Ta-taa.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "First Law" trilogy is a-waiting. I think you'll love it, it's absolutely dark, gritty, dirty, gruesome and totally devoid of any happiness.

Towards the end I was thinking, maybe a bit too much. It's a series that is really great reading, but leaves a sordid taste in the mouth.

Just like real life, sometimes.. but at least you can write that plot yourself.

January 09, 2009 10:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home